Well balanced portfolio across several segments within Spain’s real estate market.
Close to full realisation and delivering returns above expectations
- Value-add: acquisition, refurbishment and/or reconversion of real estate assets
- All segments: office, logistics, hotel, retail and residential
- Development (limited to max 20%)
- Focus on Spain, mostly Madrid and Barcelona
- Barcelona/MadridProject Horizon I- FORTE -
- BarcelonaProject Hotel BCN 1882- FORTE -
- madridProject MiraMadrid- FORTE -
- MadridProject Acqua- FORTE -
- MadridProject Tandem- FORTE -
- MadridProject Aecus- FORTE -
- ValenciaProject Consum- FORTE -
- MadridProject Albufera
- ValenciaProject Ribarroja
- BarcelonaProject Nestlé
- madridProject Avalon
- BarcelonaProject Horizon II
- Barcelona/MadridProject Horizon I Location View on Google Maps
Meridia acquired a 84,000sqm portfolio of 11 office buildings in March 2015. The properties are located predominantly throughout new business areas in Spain’s two main cities (66% in Barcelona and 34% in Madrid). One of the portfolio main assets is Meridian tower - a 24,000 sqm office building in Barcelona.
The portfolio was mostly realised through the sale to an institutional investor in April 2019 as part of enlarged perimeter transaction.
- BarcelonaProject Hotel BCN 1882 Location View on Google Maps
Acquired in June 2014 as German multinational Henkel’s corporate headquarters in Spain. The asset's prime location - close to Barcelona's Sagrada Familia - allowed for significant upside potential through redevelopment as a mixed-used asset (hotel and residential). Meridia Capital's project management team repositioned the property and turned it into a 182 room four star hotel + 38 residential units.
- Hotel sold to an institutional investor as part of an enlarged portfolio in April 2019.
- Residential units currently selling individually.
- madridProject MiraMadrid Location View on Google Maps
In July 2015 Meridia Capital announced the acquisition of the 7,148 sqm shopping centre Miramadrid, located in Madrid. The property, originally opened in August 2009, was sold in April 2019 as part of a portfolio transaction after active tenancy management and refurbishment.
- MadridProject Acqua Location View on Google Maps
Office building in Madrid totalling c. 4,000 sqm. The asset was bought in July 2017 from a global real estate investment manager and realised in April 2019 as part of an enlarged transaction with a global institutional investor.
- MadridProject Tandem Location View on Google Maps
Portfolio of 24,063 sqm comprising four assets located primarily in Madrid. The portfolio included a logistics platform and three retail units. Acquired in December 2016 and sold to both individual and institutional investors throughout 2017-19.
- MadridProject Aecus Location View on Google Maps
12 retail units located mainly in Madrid. The premises - mostly food retail units - have a joint built area of c.29,000 sqm . The main anchor tenant is Mercadona - the leading food retailer in Spain. Meridia acquired the portfolio in July 2015 and partially sold it in April 2019 as part of enlarged perimeter.
- ValenciaProject Consum Location View on Google Maps
Portfolio of 11 food retail centres acquired in January 2015. The assets, mostly located in the Valencia metropolitan region have a total built area of 24,130 sqm and are leased to the Valencia-based cooperative Consum, one of the main food retailers in Spain.
In April 2019 3 assets were sold to an institutional investor as part of an enlarged transaction, rest of the portfolio to be sold individually.
- MadridProject Albufera Location View on Google Maps
Mixed-use property (office / retail) acquired in September 2014 and divested in January 2019 to an institutional investor. The 16,795 sqm asset, located in Madrid, was split into a shopping centre and an office building. Under Meridia´s tenure, the asset underwent a major transaformation and was completely repositioned.
- ValenciaProject Ribarroja Location View on Google Maps
Logistics platform acquired in May 2016 and sold in December 2018 to an institutional investor. The asset, with a total surface of c. 22,000 sqm, was built with high quality standards. The property is located in Ribarroja de Turia, a prime location in one of Valencia´s best logistics areas. During its tenure, Meridia managed to substantially improve its tenant mix and increase occupancy.
- BarcelonaProject Nestlé Location View on Google Maps
In October 2018 Meridia Capital sold Nestle’s Spanish headquarters to an Asian investment manager. The property, acquired in February 2016, comprised 5 office buildings and had a joint built area of 27,607 sqm as well as c. 600 parking spaces. During its holding period, Meridia carried out significant refurbishment and asset management actions that helped reposition the buildings.
- madridProject Avalon Location View on Google Maps
In May 2015 Meridia Capital acquired Project Avalon, a portfolio of 33 assets located mainly in Madrid (which accounted for more than 80% of total value). The portfolio included office, retail and residential assets as well as a land plot in Valencia.
Most of the portfolio was exited in August 2018 through the disposal of Avalon business park (5 buildings comprising 24,495 sqm located in the MADBIT district in Madrid). The remaining portfolio was realised in April 2019 as part of enlarged perimeter transaction.
- BarcelonaProject Horizon II
Horizon II was acquired in March 2015 and divested in July 2015. The portfolio comprised 2 centrally located asssets in Barcelona. The properties, named 'Girona 2' and 'Via Laietana 4', were office buildings with residential use.